Miss You Like Crazy

Saw Miss You Like Crazy last night.

It was good. I liked it. I think that Bea and John Lloyd tandem really works. If you saw the trailer, you must know the story already right?

But if you haven't seen it yet, I might have some spoilers up ahead.

The part that was just weird for me was when Allan was already falling in love with Mia. Allan had a girlfriend and he falls in love with the girl after a day. I couldn't get that kilig factor. The guy was cheating so obviously, you really couldn't feel the love.

Noel Trinidad's character of Lolo Uly gave the ending away. You knew that Bea and John Lloyd would end up together with his prediction. That's how Pinoy movies are anyway. It can't end sad because it won't be accepted by majority of the audience. I remember this particular Angel-Richard movie where the ending had to be changed since it had to be happy. (The real story was a tragedy)

Anyway, John Lloyd is an effective actor. I can feel the sadness when he cries. In Close to you, I felt the sadness when Bea said that she and Sam Milby's character were together. "Palits, kami na". John Lloyd pretending to be asleep drops a tear... OUCH!!!

I do enjoy the product insertions in the film. Greenwich was there again. But I didn't see Biogesic... Hmmm...

Miss You Like Crazy is a good movie after the long wait. It's been 3 years since Bea and John Lloyd were together in a movie. Love can wait. The movie says that.

As for me, I think it really can wait. A 21 year old love story? Possible! :)