Food i missed @ Sibu

Reminder : Ok, this is another food post, if you are on diet, then don't scroll down and read, just stop here. :)

Every time when i go back to Sibu, beside than savour my all time favourite kampua, i will also go for some other food i missed. On my first night, after morning Kampua, night time i told my mum i want to go to Bandung to have some noodles and shells. During my school time i love to hang out @ Bandung, you can read from STP's blog, he love Bandung a lot, especially the kuih muih there, but that is for morning, I'm not a morning person, so i go there during night for supper.



this is the tomatoes keow teow, taste quite good, i think this is my first time trying, after i start read STP's blog i notice that, there is a lot food in Sibu which i don't know and some places that i also don't know, sometime good to know some bloggers from your hometown, since i am away, and only go home once a year, at least i get to know where is the new place in Sibu for good food, that is the plus point. On the minus point, they always tempt me with the food that i missed!!



this is fried kampua, i know this!!!! hahahhahahhaha


i like Balitong to cook in this way, which a bit different from here in KL. KL one will be with lots of chilies. Here no one like to eat this and my hub also don't like it. :(

We only paid RM11 for the food above, that is for one person, i am the only person who eat, my mum just company me and my boys are having satay. Cheap?



take a look at the drink's bill, it's more expensive than the food i order. When we ask the owner how they charge the drinks and it come out RM.18.60? They come out with this bill, and when i question why the apple juice is so expensive, and why they don't inform me in advance that if the juice with less ice that will be additional RM1, if they let me know earlier, i don't mind to paid, then come another question, why is the apple juice add honey in it, and we didn't request that! They said all the apples juice is with honey! :( You know my big mug of teh tarik only cost me RM2!!!! Sibu folks, if you all happen to eat at Bandung, please check your drink bill before you paid!!

After read so much about Ruby Restaurant in Sibu @ STP's blog, i told myself i must try the food there.


my favourite - sea cucumber soup. You know in Sibu, most restaurant do have this soup, sea cucumber is quite common in Sibu. My boys love this soup too, something like "shark fin" soup.



Midin or fern, it's a type of vege, i don't think can find it here in KL. It's also a common dish in Sibu town, most restaurant or "tai chow" will have it. Normally it cook with foo chow red wine or with belacan. I still prefer it to cook with foo chow red wine. Yummy!!



cangkuk manis, this is also another common dish in Sibu, only different is, who can cook it better. Sweet, crispy and yummy!!! I had this few days in a row, till i told my mum i had enough. LOL!


taufu with mince meat. This is so so only, maybe the color don't look tempting.


sweet and sour meat for my boys.


cangkuk manis at one of the coffee shop, i order this just to eat for fun. >..<

dessert - something like ice kacang, but we call it "jeng lok", good to have it during hot day!!


this is another food i miss. Kompia!! Sibu famour for K & K = Kampua & Kompia!! LOL
There is few types of kompia, either you can have it with mince meat inside like picture above or kompia in 'wet" type which is with gravy. The gravy i think is something with soya sauce or sauce that use to stew the meat. Some stall they sell kompia inside stuff with fat pork meat and gravy that is another good one.


or you can have something fresh from oven with original taste like picture below. When it fresh from oven, it is yummy and soft! YUM!!!


this is where the kompia "baked" from, they use charcoal and they stick the "kompia" on the wall and baked.
someone said this picture look like a mouth with full of teeth, what do you think? :)



this is the Jason Bakery @ Rejang Park, my mum said his kompia is the best in town? If i am not wrong, there is one TV show did interview them before.


this is another soup that i like "zhou chai", i think i blog this before, if you want to see how it look like, you can read it here, which i asked my mum to bring over for me. :)

this is the shell i mention before where i bought it from the Sibu Central Market. This is how it look like after it cook. Add some water, ginger and foo chow red wine.


use the tooth pick to pick the meat up and eat it. YUM!

Ok, that is all the food i had during my one week stay in Sibu. :) Hope you all enjoy it also.