gifts

Finally this is my last post on my Sibu trip. Phew!

Day before i came back to KL, i receive sms from STP asked me will i be at home in the afternoon he want to drop by my house. I told him, yes i will be at home, and i asked, "don't tell me you buy something for me to bring back KL? I said i got so many things already, don't buy any" He said "no, i just want to bid bye bye to you and the boys".

When he came, he not only said "bye bye" but he brought this for me and the boys......




few very yummylicious chicken pies!!! You can smell the rich butter fragrant ! At first i thought he baked it, after that he told me, he bought it from Aroma Bakery in Sibu, now that Aroma Bakery become very famous after he blog about it and make a big "huha". Everyone is going to "hunt" for that Aroma Bakery, and i give a piece for my mum to try, she is not a pies person, after she tried, she told me it taste so good!! She do go to this Aroma Bakery quite often to buy the famous swiss roll and bread but not the pies. Three days in a row she was there queuing to buy the chicken pies, it's a hot item, and the bakery owner only bake like 20 pies per day? That is how yummy the chicken pies is. I brought it back to KL and i only had it the next day, i reheat it at the toaster and go with coffee, it is so nice!!! YUM!!!! You can read STP's entry here ..

and he bought two set of clothes for my boys, how sweet right? I like what STP said about the reasons he bought this two set of Sarawak souvenir clothes, he want to remind my boys of "their heritage or where their mum originates from." Thanks again STP! Don't worry about the big size of the tee, i think they can wear it by year end, no need to wait till next year chinese new year or another 2-3 years time. hahahhahahha

In fact two of them already choose which one is belong to them, can you guess?








When i met up with STP and Superman, i give them some chinese sausage and some "cake" which made by my mum as gift. I don't know what to buy for them, since my mum was making this "cake" so i thought i can give them some to try, hope they like it. STP post it on his blog, this is the 'cake" that my mum made.....



shan yao 山藥 (picture from STP's blog)

a lot people comment it look good, and wondering what is that. It is something like yam, but this is "shan yao". Here in KL i think we can get it from market but is in white color, but in Sibu, it is purple color, so the cake in purple chunk is the original color, no coloring add. My mum told me this Shan Yao very good, if you google you can read a lot good benefit of taking shan yao, you can read it here too. Let me show you some picture of the shan yao from Sibu

this is how it's look like when u buy from market...


wash off the mud....



peel off the skin, tada.....it's purple color!!

cut it in chunk and can cook it like "yam" cake style.


Hope this can ease the curiosity of the readers who comment in STP blog. :) Those in Sibu, who like to try or taste it, let me know, i will tell you where to get. :)