First Dental Visit

Backdated post ~I must noted this down as a record.

Cruz went for his first dental visit on 7th Sept, a day after we came back from our Melaka trip. On the night before, he was crying whole night and telling me his tooth was very pain, i took a look didn't see any black spot or anything. I give him some ice to "sulk", after that he went back to sleep. He woke up again after 1/2 hour, crying, i use my finger and check on his gum, feel it is a bit swollen, either he is heaty or there was infection on the tooth. I took the propolis honey and apply on the gum and massage it softly, after a while, he told me not much pain already, so he went back to sleep.

It was already 4am in the morning, he finally doze off till the next day, i don't know what time he woke up as it was school holiday. I told the maid to apply the propolis honey on the gum, if he complain again on the pain.


Next day, after my work out at the gym, back home, my boys also finished their art class, i saw Cruz happily playing with Fearles and the cousins. BUT, i saw a big "pau" on the cheek, i ask him is it pain, he told me a bit. Immediately i brought him to see dentist, lucky there was one dental nearby my house still open.

Cruz is a brave boy, at first he was a bit worried, keep ask me is the doctor going to pull his tooth, i said i don't know, but have to let the doctor check first. He sit on the chair, and the doctor ask Cruz to wear the 'sunglasses" and she check on the tooth. It is so cute and funny, but i am not allow to take any picture there. :(

Doctor said there was a hole on the tooth, she show it on the tv screen, she need to fill it with medicine. That is the main culprit to make the gum swollen. When she do the cleaning and filling, i heard the sound it make me feel scared, and i walk so far away and dare not to see. Lucky Cruz didn't complain pain or cry, he act very cool. After "fix" the hole and clean the gum, Cruz was given one bottle of mouth gaggle water, antibiotic, pain killer and swell reduce medicine and he need to go back for follow up after two weeks.


On Monday, i brought him back to check on his tooth, everything ok, but still got some swell on the gum, doctor said it will take sometime to heal, but there was no more pain according to Cruz. Then i notice there was a hole on the last tooth underneath, in fact both side also got hole, doctor told me the holes must be there for sometime already, because can see the gum almost same level as the tooth. Doctor said better do filling for the holes, before it start another infection, so on that night, Cruz done two filling on the teeth.

After the first round teeth pain, now he paid more attention to his teeth, it been two weeks plus, he didn't ask for any sweets! When i ask him, does he want sweets he told me, cannot eat sweet, later the teeth "broken". On off he will check his teeth on the mirror, it is really a funny sigh. When i give him vitamin, he will ask me is it sweet, can he bite it, will it spoil the teeth? LOL!

From now on, hope he can "love" his teeth more.