Penang Trip 12/12/2010

During this long school holidays, i didn't bring my boys go anywhere, but just a short trip to Penang. My last Penang trip with them was 4 years ago!! Yes it is that long, that time, they are just 1 yo +, they don't have any memory about their Penang trip.

We left in the Sunday afternoon, after hub finish his work. Brother in law was there on day before, he was participate some cycling event. So we went and join them in Penang, but stay in different hotel.

Journey to Penang was a breeze, two boys slept in the car, but when they woke up, they keep asking how come Penang so far, still not arrive, they are just so excited about Penang.




Finally we reached Penang Bridge around 5pm, after 4 hours drive with two stops. Once reach Penang mainland, the traffic was really bad.



We checked into Hotel Flamingo around 5.45pm.


Hotel lobby...


we got a sea view room....


the pool in the hotel.....


our room, two queen twin bed, just nice for four of us. Actually upon check in i asked for extra bed, but after seeing the room, i told them to cancel the extra bed.


The hotel room corridor....

We join brother in law and their family and another good friend of us from Penang for dinner. We had dinner at Pulau Tikus, i told them i prefer hawker food rather than go to restaurant. I remember this place, four years ago, we also came to the same place to have the very nice CKT. This time, we had more people, this place a bit challenging if want to get a big table for us, we had 6 adults plus 7 kids!!!!

Now..look at the food we had......


Pulau Tikus Market..


look at the crowd....


this is the stall that selling very nice CKT, this uncle fried CKT plate by plate and you can request your CKT with duck eggs or chicken eggs. We all order our CKT with duck eggs. It take quite sometime for the CKT to serve.



Penang Assam Laksa, hmmmmmm...i am not Assam Laksa person, so i cannot give the comment on this. LOL


CKT...i actually had two plates of this!!!!


Chicken and Pork Satay!!! I think the pork satay at my house one is a lot better than this. hahahahha


kueh teow th'ng, very nice. We also order a few bowls of this...


Sushi also taste good, this also go few rounds, kids love it. The sushi very fresh and very unique, also need to wait long, as they only do the sushi when you order.

When we about finish our dinner, it start to rain. I remember during my last trip and while having dinner at the same place, it is raining too!!! :(

We were saying we want to have late supper at Gurney Drive, our friend said there was a stall there serve very good grill fish. Since it is raining, and the traffic was terrible, we decide to go to our friend house to wait till the rain stop and the traffic a bit better only go for supper. In fact i need to meet up with STP to pick up my things from him, my mum pass him something to pass it to me, since i know he will be in Penang too. I thought i will meet him for dinner, but since we are in a big group, a bit hard for others to follow my way. We exchange a few sms, i told him i will only be at Gurney Drive later at night, but he will be going to Cameron the very next day and need to rest early. Very kind of our friend, Derek's wife to sent me to STP'shotel to pick up my things. Although it is just a short distance from Derek house to Gurney, but because of the bad traffic, we stuck in the car for quite sometime. I feel so bad, trouble Sir Arthur to bring things for me and yet need him to wait for me. Thanks so much!!!

Finally we reach at the hotel, had a quick chat with STP, took my things and pass him some gifts then i left. At the end, we didn't go for our supper. Derek and his wife need to work the next day and also my hub want to go out with his friend for a drink. So we call it a night.

Want to know what the things i asked STP help me to bring all the way from Sibu to Penang?



more Sibu Mee Suah and very kind of STP to give me some daddy instant noodles from Sarawak. As i told him , i never try before. During my trip back in April, i am thinking to bring some back, but too many things to bring, end up i didn't try or bring it back here.


another thing is this ------------------> Jelly fish!!! LOL!!!!
You may ask why bring all the way from Sibu to here, because you cannot get it here. The jelly fish here is so so different from Sarawak. My mother in law also agree with me! hahahhahahha


this is how the jelly fish look like, eat it with dip the sauce, really yummylicious!!!!! I think the sauce did the wonder too. I gave some to my in laws try, they told me, the sauce is really good, ask my mum to do a big container for them.

That is our first night in Penang and stay tune for the next day food galore!!