Matt Bomer Monday (1) : Reunion


Matt Bomer Monday is a weekly meme where I choose an image from Google Images and create a story or a poem from it. This is a weekly tribute on Mondays for the amazing actor.


Men broke down the door as they ran to safety. Holding each other's hands, they ran towards a small pond and jumped without hesitation. Beneath the murky waters was a camouflaged tunnel for them to use in their escape. Her father quickly opened the entrance and they entered in a single pile. Matt was the last one to go. He securely latched the tunnel and followed closely behind her and her father. They ended up in the woods where a car was hidden behind a bush. As they got into the car, the men pursuing them caught up and shots were fired. Matt fired back at them, but he couldn't stop a bullet hitting her father in the back. She screamed.

"We have to move, now! Carly, drive this thing now before they get any closer to us! We have to get you both to safety!"

Turning to her father, she said soothingly, "You're gonna be okay, Dad. Stay with me, okay? We're gonna get you out of here."

A year and three months later...

Carly lived on her own in a small cottage where she grew up. Her father suffered internal bleeding and died shortly after they escaped. Matt had since disappeared from her life, claiming that it was for her own safety. She missed him. A day didn't go by where she didn't think of him and wished that he would one day come back to her...

One sunny afternoon, while looking out the window, Carly saw a man on the street. It seemed he was trying to sell a painting to a vacationing couple. The seller was wearing a black fedora covering half of his face. When he turned and smiled, Carly was hit with recognition. Matt. She hurriedly ran out the door to go to him, but when she got there, he was gone.

From a distance, Matt hid in a corner, looking at Carly searching for him. It broke his heart to run from her, but it was for her own good. He was about to walk away when a woman carrying a crying baby approached her. To his surprise, she cradled the baby into her arms and gave it a kiss. Still looking around, she walked away with the woman and entered the cottage. Who was that child? Could it be that... No. It wasn't possible. Shaking his head, he walked away with his head down, vowing never to return again.

A month later...

Carly was walking alone in the market. She was doing her weekly shopping. From nowhere, a man bumped into her and forcefully slid a piece of paper into her hands. Baffled, she opened it and read its contents. Shock and fear shook her body. "We've been watching you. We know about your daughter. Come to the shipping dock tonight at 7 and she will be safe."

Five minutes before the meeting time, Carly arrived at the docks. She wrung her fingers, worried of what was to happen. From the shadows, a man emerged with his hands tucked in his jacket. He stood next to her, looking out into the water.

"I need you to come with me. The boss needs your service."

"I can't. My daughter--"

"It would be best for your daughter if you come with me. As we speak, two men are standing outside your cottage, waiting for my signal if you happen to give me trouble."

Torn between her daughter and the job she left a few months ago, she looked around hoping to find someone who might help her. The man beside her grabbed her elbow and started dragging her into the shadows. She struggled and had a gun pointed against her ribs.

"One more move and I will pull the trigger."

"Do it and I promise you won't see the sunrise tomorrow," said another man behind them. The man holding her elbow froze.

"Who are you?"

Even before the other man could respond, she knew who he was. She knew that voice anywhere.

"Matt Bomer. I'm sure you've heard of me. Now, drop your gun, and step away from her."

The man seemingly worried dropped his gun and started walking backwards with his hands in the air.

"Tell your boss she will never work for him again. If he has a problem with that, tell him to find me."

When the man disappeared again in the shadows, she turned around and looked up into his solemn face. She thought she would never see him again. Those electric blue eyes now looked down upon her, full of love and conflict.

"You're here. How did you know?"

"I've been following you ever since that day you recognized me on the street. I tried to stay away, but-"

"It doesn't matter now. You're here. Will you stay? Please?"

"I-"

"Please."

"I have to know one thing first... Who was that baby you were holding that day?"

Her eyes filled with tears.

"I didn't know where to find you when I found out that I was pregnant. Every night I wished that you would come back. After I saw you that day, I thought we could be together again, but you disappeared. I kept waiting, but I was starting to lose hope. I was only grateful that our daughter was born, if only to be my last memory of you."

His eyes flared with passion as he pulled her closer.

"I'll stay. I won't ever leave you again." With that, he bent down and gave her a gentle kiss, filled with longing.

"Take me to her. I want to meet my daughter."



The story above is copyrighted to Arianne Cruz. Any reproduction void of permission is illegal.

Ahhhh!! What do you think???? This story was actually based on my actual dream of Matt Bomer! I just made it more interesting because some of the images were blurry from my memory.