Something Exciting!

Something exciting happened to me on Tuesday night. It had something to do with the woman pictured below:


Click the image to find out what it was!

Another exciting moment is when Kieran Kramer, author of Loving Lady Marcia replied to my comment on someone's blog post. I just wanted to chronicle this moment because her message was so meaningful.

My original comment was:

"You can still love them, even if it’s not reciprocated. But you also have to move on."

I really needed that :) Thanks for an amazing interview.

Her amazing reply:
Oh, Arianne!!! I feel for you...it's such a hard lesson to learn that we are not always loved back. But the beautiful thing is, no matter what, you can wish that person all good things, even if they've hurt you. You can even still love them forever! But you also have to move forward in your life and often it's without that person. I'm not only talking romantic love here. I'm talking all kinds of love. Some people love family members desperately who either ignore them, hurt them, or don't deserve their love. But the great thing is, there is always another opportunity to love...always. Never stop believing in its power. And if you keep your heart open, you're going to be so happy and at peace even though you know that hurt can happen at any time. It's okay to cry and pain is part of life. Just don't let that hurt and pain shut you down. Don't let it win. Keep your heart open to love, always, no matter how tough it is to do. Be brave and do it--because it is always worth it. And as I said, no matter what other people do, you know that YOU are a loving person who's courageous and worthy of love. Always think of yourself as a precious gem that anyone would be lucky to love. Because you are!!!
My reply:
Kieran! My day is finally complete. I can think of few things that can top this moment :)

And I was talking about familial love.. Romantic love just doesn't exist for me at the moment - unless you count my super obsessive celebrity crush romantic!

Anyway, I meant to say thank you for the amazing message. It motivates me more to keep on loving, even if I feel like it's not reciprocated. I shouldn't expect anything in return. That seems to be the hardest task ever. 

Finally, her very wise reply:

It iS hard, Arianne. But once you give up your expectations that the person will love you as generously as you love them, the hurt will subside. I promise it will. Just accept that person as he or she is. Don't expect him or her to be like you. Don't expect them to love you the way you love them. Once you give up all these preconceived notions about how things "should" be and simply accept things the way they are, you might be really surprised to find your heart lighter.
And you might find yourself even getting along better with that person because you're not judging or expecting anything from him or her.

BUT...never go back to building false expectations! Enjoy the new freedom you feel from giving up what you thought you wanted and accepting what you're actually getting...finding little blessings where you can. But don't get caught up in that trap again of hoping that person will CHANGE.

No one can change unless they want to themselves. No matter how much you wish they would, or encourage them to, or help them to, they will NOT change unless they want to and make the commitment to change.

So...my point is, love that person, don't judge, accept them because they won't change unless they want to, and make sure you're still getting the love YOU need and want--but it might have to come from a different person.

And if there's not another person? Well, we always have to love ourselves! And loving yourself IS enough...so many people don't love themselves, do they? But those who do are happy people. They don't need someone else to validate their worth. In fact, they usually go out of their way to volunteer, to be kind to others, and to find their own unique ways to spread love to other people. As a result, they get plenty of love back in return! But it takes effort and commitment, and you have to keep your heart open. Always.

I can't believe how much I just said! But it's what I feel, honestly. And if it helps you at all, Arianne, I will be SO glad.

Hugs,

Kieran ;)

My heart was singing after that... I hope her message has touched you all as much as it did me. Such wise words from a wise woman. Thank you :)