Guest Post: Michelle Madow's Top 5 Favorite Makeup Products

When I saw a fellow blogger (Ren's Rambles) with a guest post from Michelle Madow, a bright idea popped into my head: Why don't I ask her to stop by my blog, too? So, I did. Luckily, she had time for me and now, here she is! Check out her awesome guest post!


Top Five Favorite Make-Up Products

I’m so excited to be doing make up products for a top five! A lot of time people assume that just because someone is a book worm, it means they don’t like make-up and fashion. Which in my case is a TOTALLY wrong assumption! I love anything beauty-related, and can’t wait to share my favorite products with you.

Since I own a large amount of beauty products, this top five will focus on my favorite make-up products for daily wear—the ones I can’t live without. Enjoy!

1) Urban Decay Naked Palettes (Naked 1 & Naked 2)

These eye shadow palettes are the BEST! The colors are “universally flattering,” so they look good on everyone. The neutral colors are great, because you can get a classic look without appearing like you went overboard with your makeup. There’s a nice mix of shimmer, glitter, and matte shades, along with lighter and darker colors. You can do light colors for the day, and use the dark colors to create a smoky eye at night! (The dark colors can also be used as eye liner.)
Arianne: I LOVE neutral palettes! They're pretty much all I wear.


2) MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden

I have been using this bronzer for over ten years—it’s my absolute favorite! After I’m finished doing my makeup, I use a big powder brush (MAC 187) and put this bronzer all over my face and neck. It gives an instant summer glow, so you look tan and healthy even in the winter months.

187 Duo Fibre Brush

3) YSL Anti-Cernes Concealer

I have been using this concealer for about six years. I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, and this concealer does an excellent job covering them up. I never go out without my concealer on. Once applied, my entire eye area looks so much brighter! It makes a huge difference.
Arianne: This is the MOST BEAUTIFUL concealer I've ever seen. I just LOVE YSL packaging. Too bad I can't afford them. The packaging alone makes me want to buy their products.


4) YSL Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cil

Six years ago I noticed a friend of mine always had amazingly thick, dramatic lashes. I asked what mascara she used, and it was this one. I bought it, and it’s still my favorite mascara out there! It creates volume for a false lash effect without clumping or drying. I’ve had people ask me if I have false lashes on when I wear this mascara! 
Arianne: I wonder if this works for me since I have such short eyelashes. I don't suppose this creates an illusion that I have longer, thicker lashes?


5) Skylark Ava and Sophia Lip Gloss

This is the first product for Elle & Blair Fowler’s makeup line, Skylark. I just got these lip glosses last week, and I am LOVING them! The light-pink “Ava” color is fun for the day, and the berry “Sophia” color is beautiful for night! I prefer the Sophia color for my skin tone—it’s such a gorgeous color. The gloss also stays for a decent amount of time, and isn’t too sticky. 
Arianne: I might consider this line if they come out with more lip gloss shades. Those aren't really my go-to colors.


Thank you, Arianne, for having me on your blog!  

Author Bio:

Michelle Madow was inspired to write Remembrance after seeing Taylor Swift's "Love Story" music video while a junior at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. The song and video gave her the story idea about a high school girl reincarnated from Regency Era, England. She handed in the first chapter as a homework assignment for class, and when her teacher and classmates wanted her to continue writing, she decided to go for it. By the end of the school year, her first novel was completed!

For more information on Michelle and her books, visit www.michellemadow.com.

Michelle lives in Florida, where she is hard at work writing more novels for young adults.


The final part of the Transcend Time Series, Timeless, comes out on November 20, 2012. Be sure to read the first two parts, Remembrance and Vengeance, first!