Matt Bomer Monday (6): Marriage Proposal


Matt Bomer Monday is a weekly meme where I come up with a fictional story with Matt as one of the characters. This is a weekly tribute on Mondays for the amazing actor.

Today's post is inspired by an incredibly vivid dream, it felt like it was happening for real. I don't know what triggered it. Take it as a story, or maybe some kind of a diary entry. Either way, I hope you enjoy it!

      Guests were milling around in the lobby when I entered the hotel. The father of the bride, thinking I was one of the wedding planners, asked me where was the groom. I told him I don't know, but I lied. I made a beeline to the elevator and pressed the 15th floor.

      Arriving at room N15, I knocked. I didn't expect the rush of emotions that flooded me when I saw his disheveled attire and the shock in those beautiful blue eyes. Before he could speak, I blurted, "Go out there, everyone is waiting for you. Start your new life. Be happy."

      With my head down, I walked away before he could utter a word. Tears filled my eyes as I walked down the corridor toward the elevator. In the lobby, I made a dash for the doors. I couldn't bear to be there any longer. I've come and did what needed to be done. There was no reason to stay.

      I haven't been out the doors for long when someone snatched my hand. I turned and he was standing there, his eyes sending me a message only the two of us understand.

      "Let go. Please."

      "No. I don't want to marry her."

      "You have to. You chose her."

      "I know. I made a mistake."

      "It's too late to change your mind now. Everyone is expecting for a wedding today. I've never known you to let anyone down. Don't start now. Let me go."

      He pulled me to his chest and hugged me tight. "I love you. It's always been you. Please. I'm willing to wait or start over with you. Just don't push me away. You're the only one I want. Please say you'll stay. Please."

      I slowly pushed away from him, shaking my head. "I'm sorry, but I won't be the reason you run away from your bride. Goodbye..."

      I turned around and whispered to myself, "...my love." Tears threatened to fill my eyes again. I hurried to my car and sped out of the parking lot, away from the only person I've ever truly loved.

The story above is copyrighted to Arianne Cruz. Any reproduction void of permission is illegal.

I hope you enjoy it! Again, if you have any suggestions for a topic, just let me know in the comments!