How I Spent My New Year

Who wants to know how I spent my new year?

...

Well I suppose it would be you since you're here.. I'll tell you. I drove to see my mom because it was her day off today. She just woke up when I arrived so I had to wait. My aunt asked me to go to the store to buy some creamer so I did. While there, I went and bought a couple bouquets of flowers as a new year tribute to my mom and aunt.

When my mom was finally ready, we went and cleaned our cars at the hand wash station. Then, we ended up at the mall. I stopped by Sephora and found out how much NARS lipsticks were (they were $25). We were on our way to Macy's when I decided I wanted to check out the MAC counter. Long story short, I did an impulse buy for my first ever MAC lipstick. In reality, it is my very first MAC anything :)

I got it in the shade LUSTRE - See Sheer. It took a lot of swatches on the associate's forehand to find the color I really wanted. I was looking for something a little less pigmented and neutral-looking. I think I scored gold on this one. I'll let you know if it is otherwise once I use more of it.

 Lipstick

Does anyone else have this color? How do you like it? I love it even in that picture :) One thing I would say though is the fluorescent lights at the MAC counter was really harsh and it was really hard for me to see which color I liked. I could tell the associate was getting a little impatient with me, partly because I'm so confused and don't know exactly what I want!