Short Story: The Devil Conversation

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting. I have a story for all of you. It made me laugh so much when I was writing it. This is based on a real conversation. I hope you enjoy it!

Erin: Did I tell you about the person that inspired me to write those two poems?

Nadine: No. You never mentioned it.

Erin: Oh okay. Well, I thought he was hot at first. But the more closely I look at him, the more I think he’s not. But there’s something about him that’s drawing me to him. I think I’m drawn to the strange types, or silent types. Maybe I like the mystery. So, he likes to wear black. Today, I saw his arms for the first time. It was vampire pale. He also barely smiles, so when he does, his face stretches. He prefers to smirk, I think. And then, he’s a very quiet guy. When he talks, you can barely hear him. He likes to talk under his breath.

Nadine: Oh God, he doesn’t sound all that attractive! He sounds sort of creepy in a way, like not too approachable.

Erin: Well, I tried to ignore him today. Didn’t work so well. It must be the gloves. Those gloves seem kind of hot to me. And he has a tattoo on his left arm. Totally hot. He needs to get out of my head. And by the way, he’s not creepy. He was sweet and nice to me.

Nadine: It’s okay to be attracted to guys. At least he’s inspiring you.

Erin: I feel pathetic.

Nadine: Sort of pathetic but not that much. You should approach him; maybe you guys can hang out.

FLASHBACK

Erin sitting at the end of a bench next to a door. Luc approaches and tries to open the door.

Erin: Good morning.

Luc sits next to Erin.

Luc: How are you?

Erin: Good. How are you?

Luc: Good.

Luc looks around, gets up, and walks away. Erin brushes her hair.

PRESENT TIME

Nadine: Well, next time, be prepared to start a conversation. Just put yourself out there, you can’t really lose anything.

FLASHBACK

Erin walks to the bathrooms. Both doors are locked. She knocks on one of them. No response. She leans on the wall and waits. The bathroom she knocks on opens, and Luc emerges.

Luc: (inaudible) How’s it going?

Erin goes into the bathroom and locks the door.

PRESENT TIME

Erin: His mouth barely moved! I think I heard him say something but who knows!

Nadine: That sounds creepy.

Erin: Why is it creepy?

Nadine: His mouth barely moved. That is creepy.

Erin: I seriously feel dumbfounded more than amused.

Nadine: Just say whatever comes to mind.

Erin: That’s dangerous. When I’m driving, I imagine of doing things to him. Very inappropriate things that probably would not happen in this lifetime. And it’s hard to sleep at night because I can’t stop thinking about him!

Nadine: Maybe write down things you could talk about next time. You guys probably have plenty in common. Smile, seem approachable.

Erin: Oh God, that sounds terrifying. He scares the crap out of me, like I might say something stupid.

Nadine: I told you, the way you describe him is a bit creepy.

Erin: I wish you could come with me so you can see him!!!

Nadine: I wish I could, too. I want to see his vampire white skin.

Erin: He’s really not that handsome when I think about it. His cheeks are sunken, like he’s a starved vampire!

Nadine: Oh God!!! Starved vampire! That sounds SO not sexy. I mean Edward vampire is hot but sunken cheeks and starved….