Movie Review: THE HUNGER GAMES!

The most-awaited movie is finally here and it took me long enough to go see it. It was wonderfully amazing!!!

Where do I even start the review? How about the parts that got me choked up and I wanted to cry?
  • When Katniss volunteered for Prim.
     
  • When Katniss told her mom not to cry.
  • When Katniss told Gale to take care of her family for her.
  • When Katniss and Peeta came out on fire and Peeta grabbed her hand and told her that the audience will love it. (The flaming red dress was also amazing!)
     
  • When Rue died and Katniss sobbed and covered her with flowers and sobbed some more.
     
  • When Katniss saw the Nightlock berries and she thought Peeta ate them.
  • When Katniss and Peeta ran into each other and Katniss told him the berries were poisonous.
My most favorite part was definitely the Nightlock berries that killed Foxface. The relief in Katniss's face when she found out that Peeta was still alive and Peeta was so confused and apologetic. That was the best moment; I felt the most genuine emotion from them. I wanted to cry so much in that scene.
 

Other characters I liked were Cinna because he's just too amazing to not like, and then I also liked Seneca only because his facial hair was cool. Very nice and artistically shaven :) I also liked Effie when she was super lilac. that was so pretty to me.
 
 
 

At the very end, I felt bad for Cato, because he let the Capitol change him and that was exactly what Peeta didn't want to happen to him.

I was kind of curious/confuse when I didn't hear Safe and Sound in the movie. I thought for sure it would be in there, maybe the cave scene or something.
 

Peeta really looked like he loved Katniss. His interview with Caesar was so beautiful, not to mention Katniss's reaction afterwards. Peeta is such a gentle character, I love him. When he was in the cave with Katniss, I thought he was so hot and manly for some reason, when he really wasn't. He was weak. But that's okay, Katniss can take care of him.

Katniss giving Peeta a quick pep talk.
 


Have you seen the movie? Have you read the books?
If you've seen the movie, are you going to see it again? I know I am!!!
Did anyone get so freaked out when the muttations attacked? I jumped in my seat!