Visiting the (Second) Happiest Place on Earth


To all the Disney fans, I'm sorry but San Diego Comic-Con is the happiest place on earth in my opinion :)

But anyway, last week, I joined Misha and her family to Hong Kong and we went to Disneyland. Last time I was in Disneyland was in 1996... But to be quite honest, I felt like a kid again. 

It's true what they say. Adults can also have fun and be a kid again. All the memories of the magical world of Walt Disney rushes back and it's just all so nostalgic. Seeing Cinderella's Castle, hearing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah in the speakers, seeing all the kids in mouse ears, entering Tomorrowland, it's just so cool!


It was my first time in Hong Kong Disneyland and my goal was to eat the famous Disneyland Churros again! Unfortunately, no churros in HK :( But that wasn't gonna let me down. I was with Misha's little sister and younger cousin who wanted to see Mickey Mouse. Seeing their faces light up was priceless!




Hong Kong Disneyland isn't bad at all! A lot of kids will have fun in the park! Of course they have Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Main Street USA, and a new addition, TOY STORY Land. Popular rides like Space Mountain, The Jungle River Cruise, It's a Small World, The Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, and Dumbo are there! Unfortunately, you'll have to go to LA or Florida if you want to see The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. But for sure, the kids will enjoy with the new additions like Buzz Lightyear's ride and Winnie the Pooh's adventure! 




Pictures. Pictures, and more pictures!


Since there was no Churros, I opted for the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream (made by Nestle Ice Cream) and it was deelish! I had to upload photos of It's a Small World since the song is still stuck in my head now...  And mind the Iron Man mask. If you still don't know, Disney acquired MARVEL a couple of years back so Marvel rides in Disney??? A BIG POSSIBILITY!!!



Rapunzel meets the new Flynn Rider? Nah... Misha wanted a scripted pose. For me, the real princess is the one in blue looking angry :)

What I realized in Disneyland is that my parents are just the best! Back in 1992, they brought me to Disneyland in LA and I can only imagine the lines they had to patiently wait in, the crowds they had to face, obnoxious people who don't want to fall in line, etc. For parents, Disneyland can be tiring and expensive! But it's all about making the kids happy! (Thanks Mom and Dad! I still remember the Disneyland trip vividly)

If you're going to Hong Kong, drop by Disneyland and be a kid again :)