Movie Review: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Not having reliable internet and a whole lot of friends made a boring weekend. Yep, that was my Saturday. So, I asked my roommates to see if they had any movies I could borrow to keep me company until I decide to do something productive in my life - like go to the library and return the DVDs I borrowed. Anyway, this movie was the only movie I had not seen in their pile of 5 movies so I thought it would be the first one I would watch. I was pleasantly surprised!







The four characters were so different from each other, it was a wonder they were all best friends. I enjoyed seeing their individual adventures and heartaches throughout the movie.

Lena - she was the awkward girl who was conservative and afraid to break out of her shell. She was also an artist. She went to Greece to visit her grandparents and there she met a handsome guy names Kostos. He sure was attractive. Something about him was very appealing and their story was so adorable. When they were talking late at night in his boat, I thought they were the cutest couple. And of course they just had to kiss.



Tibby - she was the girl that couldn't care less about the world and just seemed miserable half the time. She was also a filmmaker. Then, she met Bailey. The first time they met, Bailey passed out in the discount store that Tibby was working at. After that, Bailey was practically attached to Tibby's hip. Bailey was the light in Tibby's life. She was always happy and knew what to say to people to make them feel better. I wish I could be like that. Bailey was Tibby's miracle.




Carmen - she was the Puerto Rican girl who went to North Carolina to spend the summer with her father. She was so excited until her father dropped the bomb: He has a new family and they are getting married soon. Carmen was miserable and I felt really bad when they were at the fitting for the bridesmaid dress. She was curvy while her father's new family were slim. Needless to say, things got heated and she ended up going back home.



Bridget - she was the hot girl that hid behind her smiles. She knew what she wanted and she went after it no matter what. I really admired her confidence and the way she approached certain situations even though some of them ended up in rejection. Her mom (if I'm not mistaken) committed suicide and left her alone with her dad. She acted happy and bubbly to escape the grief but it caught up with her anyway.





Overall, this movie was heartwarming and full of awesome moments. If you haven't seen it, I totally recommend it for a girl's night in :)

For those who have seen the movie, what did you think? Tell me in the comments!