Money Tips in College

Hi everyone!

One of my friends on Facebook suggested that I talk about some tips on how to be wise with money while in college. Since I've graduated last month, I thought it would be a good idea. My friend is planning to transfer from a community college to a university soon, so it was also appropriate.

Money tips in college

1. Forget about eating out, COOK.
Think about it. You spend $7-$10 for ingredients for one recipe. You will eat that recipe for two days at most. Compare that to one meal at a fast food that costs the same. 1 meal vs. 2-4 meals. I'm sure you can do the math from there. Come back here tomorrow for my go-to recipe.

  

2. Budget
I know, this is hard, but if you're diligent enough, you'd succeed. Set up a budget. Write down exactly how much you plan to spend on groceries, how much you want to save each month (or each paycheck), how much you want to save for future shopping trips with your girlfriends, and how much you want to save for booze if you like parties and you have to bring your own or you're the host.


3. Carpool
You have friends, probably that go to the same classes as you do. Agree to carpool alternately and save money that way. Either that or take public transportation. I personally only took the bus when I had no car. Other than that, I prefer the security of a car.


That's all the tips I have for now. If you have additional tips, leave them in the comments, and I'll see you back here tomorrow for a dinner recipe!